As we have spoken more with the company we have found a way to utilize this concept to help College Wakeboard programs have access to wakeboard boats without having to spend the money to purchase one.
One of the biggest steps in this program is to get some college wakeboarders involved. This gives Outdoor Toy Share your inside knowledge to help make this program a huge success for all teams needing a boat or even 2!
Here is the job description:
Market Analyst & Coordinator Spring and Summer 2015
Locations may include (in order of preference): Boise, Dallas, Atlanta, Seattle and Salt Lake City
Description: We’re excited to launch an innovative business this spring called Outdoor Toy Share. We help owners rent out their underused boats, personal watercraft, RVs and more, when they’d typically be sitting in storage. It’s safe, easy and smart for owners and users. We do extensive user screening, provide training and insure those assets for the rental. Much of this will be facilitated through our custom website, currently under development.
Responsibilities. Here’s what you’ll do:
- Market research and analysis.
- At the beginning you’ll drive the analysis to better understand the boating, PWC and RV market in your location. (Tell us what you know about your local area)
- Once the season is going, you’ll help owners and users with needs as they arise surrounding the execution of rental transactions. This will likely include onsite training / overviews with users prior to their rental. (May require a truck to pull a boat a little, let us know if you have one or ready access to one)
This is a start-up, we need someone who understands that this fundamentally requires flexibility and a “can-do” attitude. Here are some other things you may be doing:
- Marketing material distribution
- Local industry event attendance
- Support social media efforts
- Light office tasks, although this position will work remotely
- You need to be very familiar with operating boats and able to teach the basics to others with less experience. This is required. Familiarity with PWCs and RVs is a big plus. Tell us about this in years of experience and approximate hours.
- Given the interaction with people, excellent verbal and written communication is very important. We need a “people person” for the role.
- Must be organized and able to work well independently.
- Prefer a student with about one year of school left before graduation.
- Prefer a student with business coursework (a minor or more is a plus) and entrepreneurial interests.
- Microsoft Office capabilities
20+ hours per week. $10 per hour. Prefer someone to start soon, must start by April and will continue through the summer. Prefer 3.0 GPA or better. Must be eligible to work in the US. 1099 position